Microsoft email blocklists
See also: Before you submit a de-listing request
Submitting de-listing requests to Microsoft
- Make sure you have addressed any technical problems identified by reading the error message. Full list of error codes here.
- Submit a de-listing request to Microsoft by filling out this form – Note: use Incognito Mode in Chrome browser to avoid submission errors.
- Among the details provided, the exact error message received is required. Lightmeter Email Blocklist Insights make that available so, you can directly copy and paste.
- Most responses from Microsoft take anywhere from 30 minutes to several hours. Once you receive a response, Microsoft will outline the action which has been taken, and in most cases, your blacklist will have been lifted.
- If your blacklist has not been removed you will need to resolve anything they have identified or reply back to them asking for more details.
- Microsoft has a poor reputation among independent mailops professionals and may not respond to your delisting request.
You can read more about Microsoft policies here.